The primary aims of the EDFT Political Action Committee are:
Go to the Take Action Center on the new AFT Michigan site for links to:
- To promote the election of city, state and local board of education candidates favorable to teachers and education.
- To secure legislation favorable to teachers and education.
- To work for the passage of funds and millage proposals necessary for adequate financial support of the school system.
- To work in conjunction with the AFL-CIO, UAW and other political bodies to promote those candidates that best represent teachers in local, state and federal elections.
- To engage in union political activities on a national and state level.
AFT Michigan Get Active Sign Up Page
Legislative Action Center
The Capitol Report
and other political and legislative action links.